Pick your finish
Whether you need anodizing, liquid paint or powder coating, Tower will make it happen. Our Wylie, TX facility houses both wet paint and powder coating technology, while our Olney, TX plant features one of the largest anodizing lines in the United States. At Tower, our experience assures exactly the finish that you require.
how does anodizing work?
Anodizing is an electrochemical process that converts the metal surface into a decorative, durable, corrosion-resistant, anodic oxide finish. Aluminum is ideally suited to anodizing, although other nonferrous metals, such as magnesium and titanium, also can be anodized.
The anodic oxide structure originates from the aluminum substrate and is composed entirely of aluminum oxide. This aluminum oxide is not applied to the surface like paint or plating, but is fully integrated with the underlying aluminum substrate, so it cannot chip or peel. It has a highly ordered, porous structure that allows for secondary processes such as coloring and sealing.
Anodizing is accomplished by immersing the aluminum into an acid electrolyte bath and passing an electric current through the medium. A cathode is mounted to the inside of the anodizing tank; the aluminum acts as an anode, so that oxygen ions are released from the electrolyte to combine with the aluminum atoms at the surface of the part being anodized. Anodizing is, therefore, a matter of highly controlled oxidation—the enhancement of a naturally occurring phenomenon.
- Semi automated line with full automation capabilities engineered for maximum control and output
- 28 process tanks , 40 ft. long, 8 ft. deep, and 4 ft. wide, capable of providing lengths up to 38' 6"
- 30,000 amps of available power for anodizing
- Capable of producing Commercial, Class 1, Class 2 Clear
- 2-step color capabilities with 8,000 amps of available power for coloring champagne, light bronze, medium bronze, dark bronze, and black
- State of the art laboratory, water, and waste treatment facilities that meet or exceed both state and federal regulations
- Powder coat paint on our highly efficient in house 24-1/2 foot vertical powder paint line to specifications of AAMA 2603, 2604 or 2605.
- Liquid Paint, on our highly efficient in house 24-1/2 foot vertical wet paint line to AAMA 2603.
- 270 standard paint colors or let us custom color match any color
- Anodizing in clear, Champagne, Light Medium & Dark Bronze, and Black